6.16.2008

Coconut cinnamon yum!

So over the weekend I had a craving for cinnamon and sugar tortialla chips which is usually not very healthy! I love getting creative with my recipes which I basically have to do being a vegetarian border line vegan and that is one of the many reasons why I LOVE being a vegetarian...it forces you to get creative. Any way ....



so what I did is I took a whole wheat tortilla and cut it like a pie so that it formed lil chips. I then dipped each wedge into melted extra virgin coconut oil and placed on a baking sheet. I baked them for about 10-12 minutes or until crisp in a 350 degree oven. Then I removed them and coated them with Agave Nectar and fresh ground cinnamon! Oh my! How delicious it was! and don't forget nutritious! Also as an added treat I warmed some rice milk and dipped the wedges in it. Amazing. So give it a try!

No comments: