My hyper problems have not fizzled in the least as promised by the elder folks in my life. If anything it has increased with having a baby. I like to be going, doing, seeing as often as Zealand and I’s energy and moods permit.
Wednesday is usually toddler gym for the boy, I woke up with a spontaneity itch and wanted to do something different to get us out of this Pleasant Grove bubble (even if it was only to Provo), so I asked Zealand if he would rather go see lots of animals and get ice cream or go do somersaults and skipping…"Mals!"(animals) was his undeniable reply!
We ate our grains, changed our clothes and were out the door with smoothies to go.
15 minutes later we arrived at the Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum. Zealand recognized where we were and went charging ahead! Once we got inside the charging didn’t stop. He charged right up to the Zebra and Elephant, swiftly ducked under the rope and started to try to climb on top of the Zebra. All this before I could even mutter the word “STOP!” Once I contained the wild animal (my child) he started to whine in his most tip top whiney voice “RRRRRRRRiiiideeee,rrrrrrrriiiiiideee” Did I hear him right? He wants to “rrrrrrriiiiideee” the elephant; the zebra, the moose, the bear, the I don’t even know what that thing is? Yep sure enough. It took about 58 no’s to absorb into his little adventurous, stubborn, brain that in fact we did not come to the museum to ride the animals, just to look. (Sounds so boring) A disastrous museum trip was averted and we were able to stroll around and make the sound of each animal we saw, watch a movie about reefs, and hold a tarantula.
Or should I say that I stood in the far corner on the opposite side of the room while Zealand held, petted, patted, and played with a tarantula like it was a cat!!!
He has learned from Mom and Dad and living in a basement apartment that spiders are to be smashed and they are scary and yucky. So I was slightly surprised he was so nonchalant about this massive BUG (that’s what he called it). I was also relieved that he didn’t throw these nice people’s “pet” on the ground and squash it under his shoe!
We said our goodbyes to the colossal bug and drove down the road to the Creamery. Raspberry ice cream with gummy bears was the order. The raspberry ice cream reminded me of summer which reminded me of how I can’t wait any longer for dog days of sunshine, bare feet, and fresh raspberries for the picking!
***Update on Hiking group:
Thanks to all of you who emailed me! If you still want to be in the hiking group email me anytime belleintheblue@gmail.com. I received some votes on what the best day would be. I am going to narrow it down to a specific day and time and then when the weather is warm enough I will post on my blog the when and where of the hike a couple days before. Also if you do not live in Utah County don't hesitate to email me. Some of the best hikes are up in the Salt Lake Area (big & little cottonwood canyon, and millcreek.) Be brave. It's okay if we don't directly know each other.
1 comment:
hahah thats so crazy you know Paul! Jaynie and him kissed once one time when they were about 16ish haha! Small small world! when I was telling him about you he told me he thought he knew you but I didnt know your maiden name! You are such a cute mom taking him to do so much stuff! Its funny Z wanted to ride all the animals! He sounds like he has as much energy as Capri, but its our fault, we go go go and they go twice as fast! He is always dressed so cute! Love it! Dont worry spring time is almost here and you will be enjoying your rasberries soooon!
Post a Comment