7.11.2008

Self-Esteem

I don't think one can drive down the street and not pass several billboards advertising some type of beauty perfecting product, open a magazine without seeing 10 different ads with weight loss pills, botox, cellulite cream, etc! It is what our world is obsessed with...BEAUTY...outter beauty at any cost and sacrifice. I believe that it is one thing to have proper grooming and to be presentable in a clean and neat way but it is another to become obsessed and enslaved to perfecting our outward appearance. I know I can speak for many women my age, older, and younger when I say that there is mounts of pressure to conform to a specific look, a specific size, a specific hair length the list is endless. I know one thing and that is that I do not want my daughter to feel this pressure , to feel her body insufficent by age 8, to conform. I know that I will not be albe to protect her from everything but I hope for her to be herself and to love herself just the way God made her. I saw this commercial and it lit a spark. So if you would like take a minute to watch the video below and then go to this link Campaign for Real Beauty to find out more and see how you can help out.




1 comment:

The Robinson's said...

Sarah! its Britney! ok how cute is the 5 month mark celebration! darling! enjoy it now cause it doesn't happen as often when you are married! by the way...when is that day coming?