11.21.2008

Winter Beauty Care

It is that time of the year! Everything on my body is seeming to dry up and crack and scratch and leave me feeling like I need to take a bath in lotion! That is the price we pay for the beautiful winter months in Utah! Luckily I have some tried and true products that keep me from drying up and flaking away! All of these products go above and beyond what they promise to deliver: dry skin relief, glowing skin through the winter months!

So hear is what is in my winter survival kit!


I fell in love with this heaven sent cream when I was working at The Body Shop. I have witnessed first hand that this hemp seed oil hand cream transforms even the most rugged, damaged ,cracked bleeding hands! I adore the smell, its a really earthy granola smell. Dan and I both adore it and fight over the tube.
Price= Normally $18.50 but 30% off right now and only $12.95

#2 HAIR= Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner from Aveda


This Shampoo & Conditioner keeps my hair & my scalp feeling deeply moisturized and healthy! The Shampoo is so rich if feels like conditioner! I like how it doesn't weigh my hair down like most deep moisturizing hair products , as soon as my hair is dry its bouncey, supple, and soft! Plus a little goes a long way I am still working on my bottles that I purchased in July! Another bonus that I love is that all Aveda products are botanically based using lots of lovely essential oils!
Price= $24 6.7 fl oz


#3 LIPS= Aquaphor by Eucerin

I owe many a thanks to my dermatologist who gave me a sample of this little miracle worker when I was on Acutane. It is the only thing that has ever rid my lips completely of dry cracks and kept them that way! mmmmmmmmm smooth! Dan and I both adore this one as well!
Price= $6-$8 depending on where you buy it and what size you choose



#4 BODY= Coconut Milk Creamy Body Wash & Papaya Mango Exfoliating by Alba

First of all I am addicted to Alba products because they are all made with ingredients from the Hawaiian Islands! The smell of them takes me back to hawaii everyday in the shower! How could I not love these products? But they are another natural botanical product! The Coconut body wash is PACKED with a recipe of ingredients to leave skin ultra soft and give it that "glow" (the glow you get when you visit say? HAWAII). I am a firm believer in exfoliating. I skin ages every day and we have millions of dead skin cells just sitting on top of our skin. If you don't get rid of these buggers you're lotion is going to do zilch and you're going to start looking 80 when youre only 20! So that is why I love this exfoliator. It uses seeds of fruits to exfoliate and sea kelp rather then salt or sugar. Salt dries your skin out plus when you go to shave??? OUCH

Price=$8.95

The Body Shop also has plenty of body scrubs that or non-sugar/salt. Try the coconut. It uses the coconut shell to exfoliate plus it has coconut oil to moisturize.


#5 FACE= CeraVe

I like this lotin because its light, non-oily but deeply moisturizing. It is also time released so it doesn't stop working 2 minutes after you put it on so you're skin is being treated ALL day long with out you lifting a finger. It contains special ingredients called ceramides. I have noticed a difference from these magic little lipids. Ceramides are a major component of the skins structure and as we age and are subjected to harsh elements and everyday wear and tear we loose these precious fats and slowly are skin looses the ability to retain moisture. So CeraVe to the rescue!

Price: $12

And last but not least probably my favorite thing about all of these products is you most definitely are not going to break the bank purchasing them! Happy Winter! Happy Moisturizing!

3 comments:

Michelle @ Twig said...

I love hearing what products use...and even though I already knew almost all that you use, the Ceravue was new to me so I might have to try that one, I REALLY like a good lotion.

Carly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carly said...

Sarah sue... You were so invited to come to Hawaii... but NOOOOO. You wanted to get married and get prego instead!! haha. I love you. And I will think of you ALOT while we are there. Do you want me to bring you anthing back? I'm being dead serious. Some locals? Some mango/pineapple salsa? Something hawaiian like for your little baby on the way? Maybe some cute clothes? Just ask my love... and you shall receive :)