4.22.2009

Look what I got for easter....

Zealand Daniel Hunt joined our family on April 9th whether he liked it or not. Dan and I went in at 1 p.m. for my scheduled inducement. I decided that I still wanted to do everything natural even though I was being induced. So they started me up on the pitocin and the contractions started. Dan and I started doing all the things we learned in Lamaze to help with the pain. Things seemed to be going pretty good until I was sitting on the birthing ball and the nurse told me to get on the table with quite the worried look. Zealand's heart beat had dropped. They started unhooking all my cords and paged my doctor, pretty soon there were 7 nurses in the room putting me this way and that trying to get his heart beat back. They put me on oxygen and were getting ready to wheel me into emergency c section and then they got his hear beat back to a good pace. I was pretty upset at this point. They took me off pitocin for about 2 hours so the baby could have a break. Then put me back on. Well about 20 minutes after being back on the pitocin his heart beat dropped again. So same thing all over again. The doctor came in to check me and I had only dilated another centimeter and a half which was to a five after 8 hours of labor. ( I went in at 3 1/2) The doc said it was going to be a c-section because for whatever reason the baby couldn't' take the stress of the contractions.(turned out that he had a knot in his cord that tightened with every contraction cutting off his oxygen) So the nicest anesthesiologist named Bob came and gave me an epidural and they wheeled me into the surgery room. I was scared but happy to have my baby out asap so I knew he was okay. Then about 10 minutes later there he was. Healthy and screaming. 8lbs. 3 oz. 19 inches long born t 10:25 p.m.. The whole thing was so crazy and worth every minute. It really feels like it was all a dream. But I have this lil cutie to remind me it wasn't! We got to bring him home on Easter Sunday which was so fun! I was so happy to get the heck out of the hospital everyone is so so nice don't get me wrong but its like a prison! Here are some pics...
First Bath
And last but not least....Zealand's first photo booth pictures!

7 comments:

jayni & ben said...

I love him. I need to come see him again. I miss his sweet little face. Really he is the cutest baby!!! Good Job momma Sarah :)

Penn and Kass said...

he is so CUTE! i want to see him!

Katie said...

hahahaha the second to last is my favorite!!! You're hilarious. :) I can't wait to meet him!

Ash & Paul said...

he is so cute! And the same size my baby was!! Congratulations :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Sarah, what a process! You are a strong woman indeed! Congrats, I am so happy everything turned out okay!

Snyder Family said...

Congrats, I am so glad you both are okay, I was asking Michelle every day to see when you had him.He is so cute

Jobi Niu said...

Jayni wont stop talking about him and now I see why... He COULD NOT be cuter! CONGRATS.. :]