

On August 20th, Dan called me about 15 minutes before I was off work and said that it had been a long day and that we both deserved "bombay house" (our very most favoritest restaurant EVER!) of course I totally agreed so he came to pick me up. As we picked up take out from bombay Dan told me that we should go take a ride on the chair lifts at Sundance totally oblivious but excited for the adventure again I agreed.
We raced up the canyon being that they took the last chair ride at 6:pm. After the speeding we were still to late and the guy told Dan we wouldn't be able to ride tonight. Dan was unusually upset. We sat around for awhile enjoying the scenery and I wasn't sure I could wait one second longer to dive in to the delicacy that awaited in the take out bag.
Dan then went in to talk to the guy that sold tickets and told him that we just wanted a ride up and that we would hike down, the guy questioned us, making sure hiking down was what we really wanted to do and then sold us two tickets to the mountain top. We hopped on the lift and began our gorgeous trip up the mountain. The sun was starting to set and it was truly beautiful. We laughed and talked until we were to the top. As we got off the chair operator said," well, have a good night," and took off down the trail on his mountain bike. So there we were, on top of this beautiful mountain all alone with a picnic table and delicious food. We sat down and enjoyed the food but after being invaded by bees we packed up and decided to start our trek down the mountain to beat the sun setting. Right before we started down the mountain Dan told me to wait a second. He put our back pack down, gave me a big hug, whispered some sweet nothings in my ear and the next thing I knew he was down on his knee. Completely surprised and a little shy I went down with him sitting on his knee and started asking him what he was doing. haha geez. I stood up, a little bit more stable and he popped a little velvet black box open. Inside was by far, thee most beautiful piece of jewelry I have ever seen in my life! I told him how naughty he was for buying such an exquisite ring with a quite substantial piece of "bling" and then gave him huge smooches and I think there may have been a few tears :) we then continued down the mountain and lived happily ever after. THE END
4 comments:
I cried. I loved it. I love you guys. I am soooo happy for you. He is so cute for doing that. Being married is the best thing in LIFE. Sarah congrats!!
K this is from Jayni. hahah I was fixing my brothers blog and forgot to switch back to mine.
i've been waiting for this post for ages!!!! beautiful story!
married life is so great i am so excited for your little family!!! sure love ya!
Post a Comment