8.17.2010

The Power of Example


I never really knew the power of example until I had a child of my own.
I never really knew the power of example until I had a child running around the house mirroring everything I do.
Literally EVERYTHING, as well as giving his best shot at saying everything we say.
This is one of the many ways being a Mother makes me want to continually better myself.
Z is a little sponge discovering his surroundings and soaking up every drop he finds.
As I go about my day with my lil man at my side I am aware of his eyes studying my every move
Then when he is going about his business he often looks up to my face to see my expression or to see my reaction to something he has done.
AS I have suddenly and quickly become more aware of how impressionable children are the same thoughts keep turning over in my head.
What do I want him to mirror the most? What do I want him to learn through my example? What things might I do better?

No comments: