8.20.2010
Breakdown
After an exhausting but fun trip to Colorado I had a breakdown Monday night.
I attribute it to mostly a lack of sleep
Zealand wasn't a very happy camper on our vacation and did a lot of crying and other non sense mischief.
This sort of got to me. But He also was doing some biting and hitting and tantrum throwing that came out of nowhere. Which I also attribute to a lack of sleep for the poor little fellar.
But it REALLY got to me.
After getting home Monday evening and thinking there might be some relief, Zealand dumped my giant bottle of olive oil on the kitchen floor and a bottle of shampoo onto the carpet. That was the last straw.
So I sat in the bathroom and cried for a long, long time. Asking myself silly questions like what I had done wrong as a Mother since Zealand was into a biting and hitting thing.
Also questioning whether I would be able to handle anymore children.
I was completely on empty.
Had I had enough sleep it probably wouldn't have seemed that the world was crashing down around me or more like my wild baby boy was tearing the world apart around me.
But I hadn't had enough sleep and I just cried and cried.
Thank goodness for a very good friend of mine, my husband, who swooped in and cleaned, did laundry, sent me to BYU Education Week and took care of Zealand.
I was quickly refilled and refreshed and back to my normal self.
I am also very happy that little Zealand is back to his normal self as well. He was so happy to be home and play with his toys and sleep in his very own bed.
He has been taking really long naps since we have been home. Recovering.
"sigh" of relief!
I am all for spontaneity or should I say I used to be. When raising children it's a different story. Following and keeping on a schedule leads to peace, bliss, and order for this family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree; being spontaneous isn't as easy as it used to be! I love your pics on the right bar, by the way :) glad your hubby helped you recover from your breakdown.
When we deviate from our schedule my kids go CRAZY too!!! Here's to the first of many meltdowns to come :) Isn't it nice to have a supportive husband to help you through the rough patches?? What a great guy!
Post a Comment