10.07.10
Stewart falls in the summer? mmmmm meh? It's nice.
Stewart falls on this particular crisp fall October morning? I couldn't think of any place I'd rather be.
Zealand and I go on a lot of hikes but this one stands out as thee hike of the year so far.
It was perfectly perfect! The only way it could have possibly been more perfectly perfect is if Dan could have come.
Z and I were the only ones on the trail. Everything was so still and silent. The only sound was my feet stomping the trail. When we stopped you could hear the leaves falling to the forest floor and the breeze through the trees. Zealand had his head laid on my back and was completely still. In awe of the beauty I would like to think. (since this kid is never quiet or still) We were both in awe of God's creations, in awe of the beauty created by the artist of all artists.
Once we were to the falls Z broke his silence. He was stoked about the water blasting out of the mountain and had plenty to say about that. We shared an apple, had a little rest then started the trek back.
I'm completely comfortable and content with my point and shoot camera and my photography skills (NONE) except when I am surrounded by the beauty that I was then I wish I had the fanciest camera on the market and years of photography classes. No justice. But I snapped away anyhow.
6 comments:
I wish I was brave enough to go hiking with Lily! I'm afraid I would die from a heart attack because I never work out haha beautiful pictures! I love the beauty of fall.
oh sar these are gorgeous. i really wish j and i could have been there with you guys.
That looks awesome! I can't believe that I haven't been on one single hike this year! Where was this place??
Hey Sarah...i'm so glad i was able to see your mom and ask her if you had a blog...i had been googling you, but the only problem is i had no idea what your last name was...so here you are...your family is so adorable and Zealand is a doll...his age is the funnest ever!!! Not to mention your so CRAZY for going on hikes by your self J/K!! thats way cool you do that..great memories your making!! anyways i hope you don't mind i am now going to be one of your stockers!!! great to see what you've been up too...talk to ya later!!!
how fun! The moment I saw the long armed shots, I thought! Did she go alone? I have never had one of those fancy carriers but I can't imagine a hike with a baby on my back the entire way!
You must be up there with Miss Fitness America.
I love that you share those "beautiful" moments with your little boy. If you keep doing them, he will remember forever. You've inspired me to get out of here and go on a walk! See you soon!
oooh, and don't feel too bad about the point and shoot. My ENTIRE blog is through the lens of a camera phone.
I think I should rename my blog to reflect what it really is.
Post a Comment